Follow Assumption SAAC On Twitter and
For the latest news on Assumption SAAC, follow them on Twitter at https://twitter.com/AssumptionSAAC! You can follow Assumption SAAC on Instagram as well at https://www.instagram.com/assumption_saac!
"The mission of the National Collegiate Athletic Association Student-Athlete Advisory Committee is to enhance the total student-athlete experience by promoting opportunity, protecting student-athlete welfare and fostering a positive student-athlete image."
A student-athlete advisory committee (SAAC) is a committee made up of student-athletes assembled to provide insight on the student-athlete experience. The SAAC also offers input on the rules, regulations and policies that affect student-athletes' lives on NCAA member institution campuses.
Presently, there are separate national SAAC's for NCAA Divisions I, II and III. NCAA legislation mandates that all member institutions have SAAC's on their respective campuses. Further, NCAA legislation requires that all member conferences have SAAC's.
More information is available by clicking on the Northeast-10 SAAC link. It will assist in understanding how the network of SAAC's, from individual campus committees to the conference and/or national committees, interact and support one another to shape intercollegiate athletics policy and enhance the student-athlete experience.
2014-2015 Assumption SAAC News!
- SAAC Raises $738 for Make-A-Wish at First Annual Dodgeball Tournament
- SAAC Collects 1,814 Pounds of Food in Annual Holiday Food Drive
- Sophomore Chris Waung Elected to NCAA Division II National SAAC
Recent Team Volunteer Projects
- SAAC Organizes Food Drive and Donates 30 Thanksgiving Baskets
- Student-Athletes Take Part in March Against Racial Profiling
- SAAC Hosts Bone Marrow Registration Drive
- Women's Tennis Volunteers at Fed Cup Kid's Day
- Women's Soccer Volunteers at Main South Festival
- SAAC Volunteers at Holiday Food Drives
2014-2015 Assumption College SAAC Executive
President: Caitlin Ackerman (Women's Basketball)
Vice-President: Allison Tivnan (Women's Lacrosse)
Communications: Lauren McCarthy (Rowing)
Secretary: Glenn LiBassi (Men's Soccer)
2014-2015 Team Representatives
Men's Cross Country/Track and Field
Women's Cross Country/Track and Field
Men's Ice Hockey