Saint Anselm defeats Greyhound women's tennis in NE-10 matchApril 13, 2010
Saint Anselm 7, Assumption 2
WORCESTER, Mass. --- Saint Anselm College defeated Assumption College, 7 2, in Norheast-10 Conference women?€™s tennis action here Tuesday.
Sophomore MARISSA CHARLES (Mystic, CT/Saint Bernard) won the Hounds lone singles match defeating freshman ALYSSA MARCINIAK (Cumberland, RI/Mount Saint Charles), 6-1, 0-6, 7-6.
The Greyhounds won at No. 1 doubles as sophomore JEN ERICKSON (Simsbury, CT/Simsbury) and freshman ERICA MICCICHE (Framingham, MA/Framingham) defeated the Hawks duo of freshman ALEXANDRA LAWRENCE (North Scituate, RI/Mount Saint Charles) and Marciniak, 8-3.
The Greyhounds are now 5-7 overall and 5-6 in the conference, while Saint Anselm improves to 7-4 overall and 7-4 in the conference.
1. Erika Sartor (STA) def. Jen Erickson (ASM) 7-6, 6-5
2. Alexandra Lawrence (STA) def. Erica Micciche (ASM) 4-6, 6-1, 6-0
3. Amanda Brahm (STA) def. Grace Fox (ASM) 6-2, 6-2
4. Marissa Charles (ASM) def. Alyssa Marciniak (STA) 6-1, 0-6, 7-6
5. Lauren DeGuglielmo (STA) def. Caitlin Harvey (ASM) 6-3, 6-4
6. Julie Bednar (STA) def. Allie Plack (ASM) 6-0, 6-0
1. Jen Erickson/Erica Micciche (ASM) def. Alexandra Lawrence/Alyssa Marciniak (STA) 8-3
2. Erika Sartor/Mary Mindek (STA) def. Grace Fox/Marissa Charles (ASM) 8-5
3. Amanda Brahm/Julie Bednar (STA) def. Caitlin Harvey/Allie Plack (ASM) 8-6