- Score: Rollins 4, Assumption 2
- Records: Assumption (4-8, 0-0 NE10); Rollins (13-7)
- Location: Winter Park, Fla. (Rollins College)
- The Lead: Rollins swept the two game series with Assumption, defeating the Hounds 4-2 today as the Tars racked up 11 hits with the majority of their damage coming from the 5-7 hitters in the order who finished 7-for-12.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Senior Kyle Chudoba (Oxford, Conn. / Oxford) pitched 6.0 innings of two run ball, striking out three batters while surrendering six hits. Freshman Cole Chudoba (Oxford, Conn. / Oxford) came on in relief and pitched the final two innings, allowing two runs while also punching out a pair of batters.
- After both teams went scoreless in the first three innings, Assumption took a brief 1-0 lead in the top of the fourth. Freshman Dillon Zona (Shrewsbury, Mass. / Shrewsbury) led off the innings by reaching base on an error by the shortstop, which was then followed by a double from senior Andrew Jaehnig (Quincy, Mass. / Boston College), putting two runners on with no outs. Junior Trevor McQuade (Westwood, Mass. / Xaverian) drew a one out walk to load the bases before freshman Dillon Koster (Woburn, Mass. / Woburn / Marist College) reached on a fielder's choice, bringing home Zona to give the Hounds the lead.
- The lead was short lived, as Rollins plated two runs in the bottom half of the inning. The Tars scored two more runs in the bottom of the eighth to take a 4-1 lead. Assumption tried to rally in the top of the ninth, as McQuade singled to lead off the inning and Koster reached base on an error by the third baseman to put two runners on with no outs. Junior Dominic Alfano (Farmington, Conn. / Farmington) hit into a fielder's choice to score a run, but the Tars coaxed two groundouts to end the game at 4-2.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- McQuade finished the game going 1-for-2 with two walks, while Alfano went 1-for-2 after coming in during the seventh inning.
- Jaehnig went 1-for-3 with a double and a walk.