-Score: Saint Anselm 3, Assumption 0
-Records: Assumption (6-7, 4-4 NE10), Saint Anselm (12-1, 6-1 NE10)
-Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
-The Lead: The Assumption College field hockey team fell 3-0 to No. 3 Saint Anselm in an NE10 conference game on Tuesday evening in Worcester.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Just 1:37 into the game the Hawks took the 1-0 lead. Jackie Guillemette took a shot which was blocked but she picked up the rebound and snuck it past Hounds goaltender Sarah Bodzinski (Southwick, Mass./ Southwick Tolland Regional) in the bottom right corner.
- The game remained 1-0 through the next 25 minutes. Hound defender Kolby Burger (Killingworth, Conn./Haddam Killingworth) made a defensive save off a shot from Hawks midfielder Leika Scott. The rebound bounced out to Maddie Bressler who found Emma Kincaid who netted the ball to take the 2-0 lead.
- The Hawks scored their third and final goal at 8:38 in the second half after they were awarded a penalty stroke.
- With no time left the Hounds were awarded three penalty corners, but Hawks goaltender Julia Hand remained strong to hold on to her shutout.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Saint Anselm out shot Assumption 23 -11, but both teams produced five penalty corners. Burger made two defensive saves for Assumption.
- Bodzinski made seven saves in the loss while Hand made seven saves to improve her record to 9-1.
- The Hounds are back on Saturday October 14, at 7 pm to host Saint Thomas Aquinas in their annual "Greyhound Game".