- Score: Pace 4, Assumption 1
- Records: Pace (9-1, 5-1 NE10), Assumption (5-3, 1-3 NE10)
- Location: Pleasantville, N.Y. (Finnerty Field)
- The Lead: Despite a strong second half push by Assumption, the Hounds could not bounce back from a three-goal deficit in the first half and fell 4-1 to Pace on Tuesday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Setters jumped out to an early start with a goal in the first five minutes from Halley Rose who received a cross pass from Jane Kasparian that Rose deflected into the net.
- The Setters continued their momentum with two more goals in the first half, coming from Rose and Samantha Gray, and leaving the Hounds down 3-0 at the end of the half.
- The Hounds would have an answer in the 54th minute of the game with a cross pass from Jenna Graf (Ballston Lake, N.Y./Shenendehowa) that Shannon Quinlan (Buffalo, N.Y./Williamsville North) one-timed into the net up and over the diving goalkeeper.
- The Setters scored once more before the end of the game, which sealed the Hounds fate and ended the game 4-1.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Hounds' goalie Sarah Bodzinski (Southwick, Mass./Southwick Tolland) recorded the loss for tonight with seven total saves while Setters' goalkeeper Grace Henderson earned the win with no saves.
- The Hounds were outshot 8-0 in the first half and only earned three shots in the second half. The Hounds were outshot 12-3 for the entire game.
- The Hounds also fell short in penalty corners where they earned three each half for a total of six while the Setters earned nine total.
- The Hounds are back on the road for their next game at American International on Friday, October 12 at 7 p.m.