- Score: Assumption 5, New Haven 0
- Records: Assumption (9-6, 5-5 NE10), New Haven (2-13, 1-10 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: Assumption took a quick 2-0 lead with goals within two minutes of each other. The Hounds continued their momentum in the second half with three more goals to take down New Haven 5-0.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Deirdre Burchill (Braintree, Mass./Braintree) earned the first goal for the Hounds off a penalty corner where Sam Tepper (Stroudsburg, Pa./Stroudsburg) sent a pass into stroke where Burchill waited and sent a reverse, behind the back shot around the goalie for a 1-0 lead.
- The Hounds' second goal came two minutes and seven seconds later when Lucy Malia (Scarborough, Maine/Scarborough) sent a cross pass in front of the net and Jenna Graf (Ballston Lake, N.Y./Shenendehowa) ran onto the pass and redirected the ball into the cage to give the Hounds a 2-0 lead before the half.
- Jennifer Beardsley (Essex, Mass./Manchester Essex Regional) scored the third goal for Assumption by tipping the ball into the net after Burchill deflected it her way. Isabel Primack (Ipswich, Mass./Ipswich) score the fourth goal off a Burchill pass that Primack dove to redirect into the cage.
- Burchill ended an outstanding night with the fifth and final goal of the game that Hannah Tepper (Stroudsburg, Pa./Stroudsburg) sent into the circle and Burchill tipped right in between the goalkeeper's legs with three minutes remaining in the game to give Assumption the 5-0 win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption goalie, Sarah Bodzinski (Southwick, Mass./Southwick), earned her fourth shutout win this season with one save while New Haven goalkeeper, Natalie Shaker tallied eleven saves.
- The Hounds outshot the Chargers in both the first (15-0) and second (17-1) halves for a total of 32 shots on the night.
- Assumption dominated in penalty corners with 16 in the game and held New Haven to zero.
- The Hounds are back on the road Saturday, November 3, at LIU Post at 2 p.m.