- Tournament: Northeast-10 Conference Championship
- Results: 6th of 12 teams | 310
- Location: Olde Kinderhook Golf Club
- Date: October 2
- Course Stats: Par: 72, Yardage: 6,893
The Lead: Assumption had three players shoot a 78 or better and no one shot over an 82 to help the Hounds place 6th after the first day of competition in the 2016 Northeast-10 Conference Championship at Olde Kinderhook Golf Club.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sophomore James Elliot (Gill, Mass. / Pioneer Valley Regional) led Assumption on the day by playing relatively mistake free golf with 12 pars, two birdies and four bogies on the day to finish with a 2-over 74.
- Freshman Mark Bryant (Hardwick, N.J. / North Warren Regional) and senior Matt Wessenberg (Medway, Mass. / Catholic Memorial) rounded out the scoring for the Hounds by shooting an 81 and 82 respectively.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Assumption finished 6th out of ten teams on the first day of the two-round conference championship with a 310.
- Out of 50 golfers in the championship, Assumption had three golfers finish in the top 30, as Elliot tied for 12th, Anderson tied for 22nd and Cooney tied for 27th.
- The top three teams in the first day of play were Le Moyne College with a 290, Southern New Hampshire with a 295, and shortly behind College of Saint Rose with a 297.
- Bentley finished fifth scoring a 301, and Franklin Pierce shot a 305 to take 5th on the first day.
- The Hounds are in their next tournament next weekend in the Post Eagles Invitational which will be held at the Watertown Golf Club in Waterbury, Connecticut