- Tournament: Worcester City Championships
- Results: T4th of seven teams | 320
- Location: Sutton, Mass. - Blackstone National
- Date: October 8
Lead: The Assumption men's golf team tied for fourth out of seven teams shooting a 320 overall in the Worcester City Championship placing four out of five golfers in the top 20.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- AJ Cooney (North Branford, Conn. / North Branford) tied for seventh in the championship and first for the Hounds, shooting a 77 with two birdies and nine pars.
- Matt Wessenberg (Medway, Mass. / Catholic Memorial) took second place for Assumption and tied for 13th overall shooting 80 while leading the teams in pars with ten.
- Just one stroke behind Wessenberg, Mark Bryant (Hardwick, N.J. / North Warren Regional) tied for 17th overall and was third for the Hounds shooting an 81 with two birdies and eight pars.
-Justin Clutter (Bedford, N.H./ Bedford) and Connor Anderson (Raynham, Mass. / Bridgewater Raynham) finished fourth and fifth for Assumption. Clutter tied for 20th overall while Anderson tied for 22nd.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Holy Cross' A and B teams tied for first place in the Worcester City Championship shooting a 307. Worcester State placed third in the event, shooting a 310, just three strokes shy of tying for first.
- Assumption tied with Nichols for fourth, as teams shot a 320 overall.
- The Hounds are in their next tournament next weekend in the Post Eagles Invitational which will be held at the Watertown Golf Club in Waterbury, Connecticut