- Tournament: Post Eagles Invitational
- Results: 10th out of 12 teams | 318 + 315 = 632
- Location: Watertown, CT at the Watertown Golf Club
- Date: October 11
Lead: Freshman Austin McCreary (Northhampton, Mass. / Northhampton) tied for 17th finishing in the Invitational's top-20 shooting a 151 leading Assumption to 10th place overall in the Post Eagles Invitational.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- McCreary shot a 151, placing him in first for the Hounds. In the first day of play McCreary was tied for fourth shooting a 74 and then the second day he shot a 77. He totaled two birdies and 19 pars overall.
- Freshman Zach Magarian (Worcester, Mass. / West Boylston) had the most pars for Assumption with 20, but he tied with senior AJ Cooney (North Branford, Conn. / North Branford), and junior Justin Clutter (Bedford, N.H./ Bedford) for 52nd place overalll in the tournament shooting a 162. Magarian and Cooney both improved their scores on the second day of play.
- James Elliot (Gill, Mass. / Pioneer Valley Regional), a sophomore, placed last for the Hounds and placed 63rd overall in the invitational shooting a 165. Elliot improved his score by seven strokes in the second day of the invitational.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- In the Invitational, Wilmington (DE) finished first shooting a 592. St. Thomas Aquinas, Le Moyne College and Southern New Hampshire all tied for second place shoooting just two strokes behind Wilmington with a 594.
- Assumption shot a 318 in the first day of play and then improved their score to 315 in the second day.
- The Hounds return to the links next weekend in the LeMoyne Fall Invitational, which will be held at the Lake Shore Country Club in Syracuse, N.Y.