- Tournament: Le Moyne Fall Invitational
- Results: 13 out of 18 teams | 315+ 315 = 630
- Location: Cicero, N.Y. at the Lake Shore Yacht Country Club
- Date: October 17
Lead: The Assumption men's golf team fell two spots in the second day of the Le Moyne Fall Invitational placing 13 th out of 18 teams after shooting an overall 630 over the two days.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Freshman Austin McCreary (Northhampton, Mass. / Northhampton) finished first for the Hounds and tying him 39th by improving his score from a 79 the first day to a 75 the second day. His total score was 154, placing him just one stroke ahead of teammate AJ Cooney (North Branford, Conn. / North Branford) who tied for 42nd overall shooting a 155.
-Sophomore James Elliot (Gill, Mass. / Pioneer Valley Regional), placed fifth for the Hounds and 80th overall shooting a 165, just two strokes behind Wessenberg and Magarian.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Wessenberg and McCreary both improved their score by at least four on the second day of play.
- McCreary had the most birdies on the team with seven.
- Southern New Hampshire took first place in the invitational shooting a 578 collectively. Saint Thomas Aquinas shot 583 earning them second place, and just three strokes shy of them Rollins College paced third with a 586.
- The Hounds play in the NEIGA Championship on October 23rd and October 24th and the Captain's Golf Course in Brewster, Mass.