- Tournament: NEIGA Championships
- Results: 6th of 9 teams | 325 +315 = 640
- Location: Brewster, Mass.
- Date: October 23rd and 24th
- Course Stats: Day 1: Par: 72, Yardage: 6,610; Day 2: Par: 72, Yardage:6,687
The Lead: Senior AJ Cooney (North Branford, Conn. / North Branford) placed first overall in the New England Intercollegiate Golf Association Championship and helped Assumption take sixth overall in the event.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Cooney shot a 78 the first day, and the second day he improved his score to a two-over 74 to tie for first place in the tournament with an overall score of 152. It is the highest finish for a Hound golfer in an event this year.
- Sophomore James Elliot (Gill, Mass. / Pioneer Valley Regional) tied for 14th overall shooting just five strokes behind Cooney with a 157, after posting a 78 and 79 over the two-day event.
- Mark Bryant (Hardwick, N.J. / North Warren Regional) tied for 28th overall and third for the Hounds shooting a total score of 163 (83, 80)
- Austin McCreary (Northhampton, Mass./ Northhampton) placed fourth for the Hounds and Connor Anderson (Raynham, Mass. / Bridgewater Raynham) took fifth as he dropped 16 strokes on his second day of golf. Both improved their scores on the second day of play, finishing with scores of 169 and 180.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Assumption cut ten strokes off their score on the second day to earn sixth with a total of 640.
- The Hounds had four out of five golfers improve their scores on the second day.
-Southern New Hampshire took first with a score of 616. Saint Anselm and Bentley placed second and third respectivley, with Bentley shooting 327 just two strokes shy of Saint Anselm's 325.
- The Hounds next tournament begins next Sunday October 30th in the AIC Fall Invitational at the Orchards Golf Club.