- Tournament: AIC Invitational
- Results: 2nd of 6 teams | 307 + 320 = 627
- Location: Orchards Golf Club
- Date: October 30th and 31st
- Course Stats: Par: 71, Yardage 6,685
The Lead: On the second day of competition the Hounds shot a 320, while AJ Cooney (North Branford, Conn. / North Branford) paced the team with a 77 for an overall score of 154 to lead the Hounds to a second place finish in the AIC Invitational, wrapping up their fall season.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Cooney placed third overall with his 154 - behind back-to-back 77's, and placed first for the Hounds earning 19 pars and four birdies. Cooney's 154 was just three strokes behind American Internaitonal's Max Bock who took first place with a 151.
- Senior Matt Wessenberg (Medway, Mass./ Catholic Memorial) and Austin McCreary (Northhampton, Mass./ Northhampton) tied for sixth place overall shooting a 157. Wessenberg shot an 82 in the second day, while McCreary shot a 79.
- Sophomore James Elliot (Gill, Mass. / Pioneer Valley Regional) also shot an 82 in the second day which tied him for tenth overall shooting just two behind Wessenberg and McCreary with a 159.
- Junior Justin Clutter (Bedford, N.H/ Bedford) placed 22nd in the Invitational shooting a 172.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Four out of five Assumption golfers placed in the top 10 for the Invitational.
- The Hounds ended second invitational in birdies with 18, while Wessenberg led the team in birdies with six.
- American International placed first overall shooting a 622, just five strokes ahead of the Hounds. Bentley took third with a score of 646, while Saint Anselm took fourth with a 651, and Adelphi took fifth shooting a 662.