- Tournament: Eagles Invitational
- Results: 1st of 11 teams | 295
- Dates: October 8-9, 2018
- Location: Watertown Golf Club (Watertown, Conn.)
- The Lead: Assumption had three different golfers shoot a 73, helping the Hounds take a one stroke lead following the first day of competition in the Eagles Invitational on Monday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Sophomore Andrew Sanzaro (Wethersfield, Conn. / Wethersfield) was one of six golfers to post a 73, just two shots behind leader Matt Paradis of Southern New Hampshire. Junior Mark Bryant (Hardwick, N.J. / North Warren Regional) and freshman Lucas Roop (Gorham, Maine / Gorham) both matched him in a tie for second.
- Senior James Elliott (Gill, Mass. / Pioneer Valley Regional) was just three spots back with a 76, one of nine golfers overall to tie for 18th. He was also the only golfer on the day to record an eagle. Junior Zach Magarian (Worcester, Mass. / West Boylston) rounded out the team by shooting an 80.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption was 11-over with a 295, finishing one stroke ahead of NE10 Champion Southern New Hampshire and host Post University. Le Moyne is in fourth with a 299 while Saint Rose rounded out the top five with a 304.
- The Hounds tied for the lead on the day with 11 birdies overall, highlighted by Bryant who led the entire field with five birdies. Roop was right behind him with four.
- The Hounds return to action on Tuesday morning when they tee off in the final round of the Eagles Invitational.