- Score: Worcester State 3, Assumption 2
- Record: Assumption (9-15-2, 5-5-1), Worcester State (9-11-3, 6-8-2)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Buffone Arena)
The Lead: A late third period goal by Worcester State led the Lancers to a 3-2 victory over Assumption in the final regular season game for the Hounds.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
At 9:26 in the first Cam Laughlin (Natick, Mass/ Portland Junior Pirates (USPHL)) scored the first goal of the game assisted by Sam Kelly (Enfield, Conn./Kingswood Oxford (Prep)) and Stephen Picard (Enfield Conn./ Loomis Chaffee (Prep)) to put the Hounds up 1-0 heading into the second.
In the second the Lancers answered with two back-to-back goals. First at 9:28, Alex DeWitz scored assisted by Spencer Lawson and just 2:30 later Mike Moran tallied their second goal of the game to take the lead 2-1.
With 5:26 left in the second Hound defenseman Dante Tomassini (North Branford, Conn./Connecticut Jr. Wolfpack(EHL)) netted a power play goal to tie the game 2-2 assisted by Mike Sorenti (Sagamore Beach, Mass. / Archbishop Williams (MA HS)) and Brian Farrell (Island Park, N.Y./South Kent School (USPHL U18)).
- At 6:09 in the third period Lancer forward Mike Palmer scored the eventual game-winning goal assisted by Moran and DeWitz.
- Assumption pulled the goalie with 45 seconds left in an extra effort to tie the game but they were unable to score.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Hounds outshot the Lancers 52 to 28 while going 1 for 7 on the powerplay.
-Assumption goaltender David Zulauf (Rochester, Mich./Bridgton Academy (Prep)) held Worcester State scoreless on the power play and made 25 saves in the loss while Tyler Fallica made 50 saves in the win.
- The Hounds travel to Saint Anselm this weekend for the NE10 Quarterfinal game beginning at 3:00 pm.