- Score: Assumption 5, Framingham St. 1
- Records: Assumption (6-1-0, 1-1-0 NE10), Framingham St. (1-4-0, 0-2-0 MASCAC)
- Location: Framingham, Mass. (Loring Arena)
- The lead: Backed by a 25-save performance from goalie Robbie Campbell (Raritan, N.J. / New England Stars (NA3HL)) and three power play goals, the Assumption Greyhounds walked away Tuesday night with an easy 5-1 win over the Framingham St. Rams.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
-The Hounds led 2-0 by the end of the first period. Devan Sheth (Ashland, Mass. / Islanders Hockey Club (USPHL Premier)) scored his first goal of the game and third of the season on a power play opportunity just 6:09 into the game. With 54 seconds left in the period, Robert Roche (Holden, Mass. / Tri City Storm (USHL)) put the Hounds up by two on a goal assisted by Brendan Phillippon Salem, N.H. / Philadelphia Flyers (USPHL Premier)).
-Assumption extended its lead to 4-1 by the end of the second period. Matt Damelio (Rochester, N.Y. / Northwood (Prep)) got the Hounds started in the period with a goal at the 4:12 mark, his fourth on the year. Phillippon then extended the Hounds' lead to 4-0 on a power play goal assisted by Roche and Robert Holyoke (Middleboro, Mass. / South Shore Kings (USPHL Premier)) at the 13:16 mark. The Rams pulled themselves back within three with 49 seconds left in the second on a goal by Ryan McDonough, his first of the year.
-The Hounds extended their lead to 5-1 in the third period. At the 10:12 mark, Dante Maribito (Georgetown, Mass. / Phillips Academy (Prep)) scored on a pass from Dante Tomassini (North Branford, Conn. / Connecticut Jr. Wolfpack (EHL)) and Phillippon for his second goal of the year and Phillippon's second assist of the game. Maribito's goal was also his team's third power play goal of the game.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption outshot Framingham St. 43-26. The Hounds were 3-for-7 on the power play, while the Hawks were 1-for-8.
- Phillippon led the Hounds' efforts with one goal and two assists. He now has a statline of 3-2-5 and is +6 while on the ice. Tomassini also contributed two assists for third multi-point game of the season, while Roche and Sheth each contributed one goal and one assist.
-Campbell made 25 saves on 26 shots and improved to 2-1 on the year. The Rams' Greg Harney made 38 saves on 43 shots but fell to 1-2 on the year.
-The Hounds host Southern N.H. on Friday, November 16, in the first game of a back-to-back series. Game time is set for 5:35 p.m.