- Score: Merrimack 2, Assumption 0
- Records: Merrimack (12-5), Assumption (8-7-2)
- Location: North Andover, Mass. (Martone-Mejail Field)
- The Lead: Fourth seed Assumption gave up a goal in the opening ten minutes and were never able to net an equalizer against No. 5 Merrimack as the Hounds saw their season come to an end with a 2-0 defeat on Tuesday evening in the NE10 Quarterfinals
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Merrimack struck in the seventh minute for a 1-0 lead. A great through ball split the defense, and Tola Shonunmi finished the ball for the goal.
- The Warriors added to their lead in the 31st minute as they were able to get inside the six in a crowd of defenders and touch it into the back of the net.
- Assumption had a great chance in the 76th minute, as the Hounds had a pair of shots blocked following a corner, both of which were on target and had a chance to find the back of the net. They earned one more corner kick in the final five minutes but weren't able to put a shot on goal.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption was outshot 14-8 in the contest, but held a 6-4 edge in the second half. Merrimack finished with one more corner kick (5-4), though the Hounds had four in the second half.
- Sebastian Jimenez (Naples, Fla. / Gulf Coast High School) finished the contest with seven saves, but took the loss in net while Tyler Packett earned the win with two saves.
- Assumption concludes its season with an 8-7-2 mark, the program's first winning record in a season since 2009.