- Score: Stonehill 6, Assumption 3
- Record: Assumption (4-11, 2-6 NE10), Stonehill (11-6, 7-0 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Assumption Tennis Courts)
- The Lead: Senior Ryan Foster (Bloomfield, Conn. / Classical Magnet) went 2-0 for the Hounds but it was not enough as Stonehill defeated the Assumption College men's tennis team 6-3 in a hard-fought match on Friday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Foster and freshman Max Francis (West Barnstable, Mass. / Barnstable) battled to claim a win at No. 1 doubles 9-8. No. 2 doubles duo Danny Waung (Bolton, Conn. / East Catholic) and Reb Mariano (New London, Conn. / Saint Andrew's School) lost 8-2, while Luke Whitehouse (Hopkinton, Mass. / Hopkinton) and Jameson Keppeler (Syracuse, N.Y. / CBA Syracuse) were defeated 8-0 for the Skyhawks to take the 2-1 lead after doubles play.
- At the No. 1 flight, Foster picked up his second win on the day defeating Thomas Bellio 6-0,6-0, but Francis fell 6-3,6-4 at the No. 2 flight. Waung went to three sets but he dropped the game in the final set 6-1. Mariano picked up a win in the No. 4 spot as he defeated Manu Ravichandrakumar 6-1, 6-0. Stonehill took the No. 5 and No. 6 singles 6-1,6-1 and 6-0,6-3 respectively to claim the 6-3 victory.
- The Hounds are back Saturday, April 14, as they host senior day against Franklin Pierce starting at 11:00 am.