-Scores: Assumption 5, Saint Michael's 0
-Records: Assumption (12-11, 6-3 NE10), Saint Michael's (3-15, 3-6 NE10)
-Location: Worcester, Mass (Marois Field)
The Lead: Junior pitcher Kendal Roy (Grafton, Mass./Grafton) pitched a shutout while Victoria Petrie (Malborough, Mass/Malborough) led the offense with two RBI to lift Assumption to a 5-0 victory over Saint Michael's and sweep the three game series.
HOW IT HAPPNED:
- The Hounds took the 1-0 lead in the first inning, when senior Ashley Clark (Pawtucket, R.I./William E. Tolman) led the Hounds off with a triple to right field, and the next batter Nicole Duplease (Leominster, Mass/ Leominster) hit a sacrifice fly to allow Clark to tag up and score.
- Roy coaxed three flyouts to make quick work of Saint Michael's in the top of the second, before the Hounds plated two more runs in the bottom half of the inning to extend their lead to 3-0. Junior Stephanie Menard (Cranston, R.I./ Cranston HS West) homered to left field and Cassie Schultz (Amesbury, Mass/Amesbury) walked, advancing to second after Victoria Petrie (Malborough, Mass/Malborough) hit a single up the middle and came around to score on a fielding error.
- In the bottom of the fifth the Hounds scored their last two runs. With the bases loaded, Petrie hit a double to drive in Ashley Abad (Bedford, N.H. / Bedford) and Schultz to end the game 5-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- In game one, Kendal Roy (Grafton, Mass./Grafton) pitched a complete game registering three strikeouts and did not allow a run. Petrie led the offense with a double and two RBI, while Clark tripled and Menard homered.
- On Monday, April 17th, the Hounds will travel to Bentley for a double header starting at 3:00 pm for an NE10 conference matchup.