- Races: Ocean State Invitational; Penmen Relays
- Locations: Providence, Rhode Island; Southern New Hampshire University
- The Lead: The Assumption men's track & field team competed at the Ocean State Invitational and the Penmen Relays over the weekend, with a number of strong performances.
HOW IT HAPPENED: OCEAN STATE
- Senior Jeremy Alley-Tarter (Oak Bluffs, Mass. / Martha's Vineyard) registered a life time best time in the 800 meter run, placing ninth with a time of 1:53.73, which is the third fastest time in the conference to date. Sophomore Max Michaud (Northboro, Mass. / Algonquin) raced to the fourth fastest time in the conferece, placing 17th in 1:55.22, while classmate Elijah Fossas (Dudley, Mass. / Shepherd Hill Regional) finished 28th with a time of 1:56.38, the sixth fastest conference time.
- In the mile, sophomore William Mardo (Cumberland, R.I. / Cumberland) placed 42nd with a time of 4:22.51, while senior Ian Flanagan (North Attleboro, Mass. / North Attleboro) finished 55th with a time of 4:29.78.
HOW IT HAPPENED: PENMEN RELAYS
- Senior Derek Field (Franklin, Mass. / Franklin) came through with a fifth place finish in the 100 meters with a time of 11.77 seconds. He also took fifth in the 200 meters with a time of 23.60.
- Assumption had a pair of top-five finishes in the 110-meter hurdles, led by Joseph Santos (Warwick, R.I. / Bishop Hendricken) who took third in 15.81 seconds. Antonio Di Genova (Waltham, Mass. / Waltham) placed fifth in 16.13.
- Assumption's 4x400 relay quartet also took fourth, finishing in 3:27.58 behind Everett Pirtle (Northborough, Mass. / Algonquin), Cameron Behn (Amherst, N.H / Souhegan), Anthony Iannone (Whitman, Mass. / Whitman-Hanson Regional) and Evan Edgar (Avon, Conn. / Avon).
- Freshman Derek Girouard (Chicopee, Mass. / Chicopee) came through with a second place showing in the pole vault with his mark of 3.95 meters.
- In the shot put, Dillon Bruso (Auburn, Mass. / Auburn) placed second with his throw of 13.35 meters. William Bennett (Tewksbury, Mass. / Tewksbury) was two spots behind him in fifth with a throw of 12.54 meters. Bruso also placed second in the discus with a distance of 37.66 meters.
- Junior John Plisko (Moosic, Pa. / Riverside) recorded a top-three finish in the javelin with a toss of 52.45 meters, while Jeffrey Chicca (Westport, Mass. / Bishop Stang) was fourth in the event at 48.73 meters.
- The team returns to action next Saturday when they compete at Merrimack.