- Score: Assumption 76, SNHU 66
- Records: Assumption (5-3, 3-2 NE10), SNHU (6-2, 2-2 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Laska Gymnasium)
- The Lead: Assumption led SNHU by eight at half (37-29) and outscored the Penmen 25-21 in the fourth to take home a 76-66 victory over a conference rival.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- SNHU jumped out to a 9-3 lead over the first five minutes of the contest. Jordan Hawkins (Glen Burnie, Md./Glen Burnie) ended the run with a layup as Assumption countered with a 13-2 run, punctuated by a pair of Meghan Cramb (New Boston, N.H./Bishop Guertin) triples for a 16-11 advantage with two minutes left. The Penmen scored the final five points of the period to trail 16-14.
- Tied 18-18, Abby McKanna (Narragansett, R.I./Narragansett) swished home a three for the 21-18 lead at 8:29, jumpstarting a 12-0 run which included a pair of Katherine Golden (Millis, Mass./Millis) triples that pushed the lead to 30-18 with 6:14 left. SNHU answered with an 11-3 run to trim the deficit to just four, 33-29, with 2:37 left. However, Assumption held them scoreless and went into the break with a 37-29 lead.
- The Hounds pushed the score to 42-31 on a layup by Temi Falayi (Peabody, Mass./St. Mary's) with 7:53 remaining and led by 13 points one minute later. The teams traded baskets over the next six minutes, and SNHU finished the third on a 5-0 run to close the gap to 51-45 after three quarters.
- The Penmen started the fourth with a 6-0 run until a Cramb three-pointer extended the Hounds' lead to four. After a Kylie Lorenzen layup, SNHU would get within two with 5:40 remaining. Assumption answered with a 5-0 rally to increase their lead to seven and the Penmen were unable to get any closer than five (67-62) in the remaining minutes and fell to the Hounds 76-66.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Cramb led the Hounds with a career high 24 points followed by McKanna and Brianna Capacchione (Washington Township, N.J./Washington Township) with 11 apiece. McKanna also led the team with seven rebounds while Meghan Reen (Norwood, Mass./Norwood) led with six assists.
- Lorenzen led for the Penmen with 22 points and eight rebounds followed by Gyanna Russell with ten points. Brianna Camara also contributed eight rebounds for the Penmen and nine points.
- Assumption shot 49.1 percent from the floor, 52.4 percent from three and 73.3 percent from the foul line while adding 30 rebounds, 18 assists and eight steals. SNHU shot 42.9 percent from the field, 20.0 percent from three and 87.5 percent from the foul line while earning 28 rebounds, eight assists and five steals.
- The Hounds are on the road Wednesday, December 5, against Stonehill at 5:30 p.m.