- Tournament: Saint Rose Fall Invitational
- Finish: 6th of 9 teams | 343 + 350 = 693
- Date: September 9-10, 2018
- Location: Guilderland, N.Y. (Western Turnpike Golf Club)
- The Lead: Junior Catherine French (Dudley, Mass. / Shepherd Hill Regional) earned Assumption's lone top-ten finish as the Hounds placed sixth overall at the Saint Rose Fall Invitational in their opening competition of 2018-19.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- French shot an 81 to tie for fifth after the first round, and followed with an 84 today to tie for 10th with a 165 overall. Junior Christine Cutting (Scituate, Mass. / Scituate) tied for 15th overall as she shot a 169 overall with an 82 on day one and 87 on day two.
- Junior Mia Rapoza (Westport, Mass. / Bishop Stang) placed third among Assumption golfers with a 179 (89, 90) while freshman Carly Romano (Wake Forest, N.C. / Heritage) took 32nd overall with a 184 (91, 93). Sophomore Samantha Leary (Hingham, Mass. / Hingham) struggled on Sunday but dropped 13 strokes on Monday to finish with a 191 total for the Hounds over the 36 holes.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption was in third after the opening day of competition with a 343, just two strokes ahead of Post. The Hounds posted a 350 on the second day to finish with a 693, four strokes behind Post who had a 689. Stonehill was fourth with a 688 while Merrimack won the event by 13 strokes with a 633.
- The Hounds return to the links this coming Sunday when they take part in the Le Moyne Invitational at the Pompey Club for a two-day competition.