- Score: Pace 18, Assumption 5
- Record: Pace (10-2, 7-1 NE10), Assumption (6-6, 4-5 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
The Lead: No. 13 Pace jumped out to a 6-0 lead in the opening ten minutes and never looked back as the Setters came away with an 18-5 victory over Assumption on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Setters opened the scoring at 27:10 and added seven more goals over the next ten minutes to stretch their lead to 8-0. Pace added two more goals before Callie Dwyer (Merrimack, N.H. / Merrimack) made it 10-1 at 13:09. The visitors scored three more times before the half for a 13-1 lead at the break.
- After a goal from the Setters extended the lead to 14-1, Amanda Burns (Billerica, Mass. / Billerica Memorial) tallied a goal with 26:10 left. Pace responded with three goals before Burns scored again with 9:37 left in regulation to cut the deficit to 17-2. Assumption outscored the Setters 2-1 over the final nine minutes getting another goal from Burns and one more from Caitlin Graves (Ashland, Mass. / Ashland) for the 18-5 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Pace outshot Assumption 31-16 while picking up more ground balls (21-12). Each team had 12 draw controls but the Hounds did commit 18 turnovers.
- Burns posted a hat trick with two draws and two caused turnovers while Jenny Bush (Kennebunk, Maine / Kennebunk) grabbed five draws. Dwyer chipped in one goals, two ground balls and a caused turnover.
- Courtney Pabst posted three goals and five assists for Pace while Abby Haimson scored five times and Casey Gelderman added four goals. Alissa Silvestri earned the win in net as she made five saves and allowed two goals in 36:05.
- Senior Jaclyn Chirco (Hopkinton, Mass. / Hopkinton) took the loss as she gave up 15 goals and made two saves. Kyra Goucher (Derry, N.H. / Pinkerton Academy) allowed three goals and had two saves in 14:09.
-The Hounds are back in action on Tuesday when they travel to play Southern Conn. State at 6 pm.