- Score: Le Moyne 4, Assumption 3
- Records: Assumption (0-1, 0-1), Le Moyne (1-0, 1-0)
- Location: Syracuse, N.Y. (Skytop Tennis Courts)
- The Lead: Assumption women's tennis won two of three doubles matches but didn't find the same success in singles action as Le Moyne came back to capture a 4-3 victory on Saturday afternoon in Syracuse.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In doubles play, the duo of Julia Chappell (Manchester, N.H. / Manchester Central) and Maria Monje (Worcester, Mass. / Holy Name) earned a 6-4 victory while No. 2 doubles fell 6-0. Assumption captured the lone doubles point with a win at the third flight. Valeria Sanchez (Carolina, P.R. / Colegio La Piedad) and Ana Maria Escuerdo (Rockville, M.D. / Richard Montgomery) came away with a 6-0 win.
- Chappell impressed in her first match at No. 1 singles, taking down Tiffany Hamden 6-0, 6-2. The Hounds lost second flight and sixth flight singles in straight sets but Sanchez took down her opponent at No. 5 6-2, 6-1.
- The match came down to a pair of three-set matches at No. 3 and no. 4 singles. Monje won the first set at No. 3 but dropped the final two, while Camille Latoni (San Juan, P.R. / Academia Maria Reina) captured the second set before falling in the final 6-0.
- Assumption returns to action on Wednesday when the team hosts Franklin Pierce at 3:30 pm.