- Location: Pittsburg, Kansas (Pittsburg State University)
- The Lead: Junior Abby Jones (Arlington, Mass. / Arlington) competed at the 2018 NCAA Division II Indoor Track & Field National Championships today, becoming the first Hound to compete in the field portion of the NCAA Championships in recent memory.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Jones placed 15th at her first NCAA Championship, accumulating 3543 points over the five events.
- Jones' best finish came in the high jump, where she placed sixth clearing a distance of 5 feet, 5.75-inches. She also recorded a top-ten finish in the shot put with a heave of 34 feet, 2-inches.
- In the 800 meters Jones raced to a 13th place finish, finishing with a time of 2:26.21, before placing 15th in the both the 60 meter hurdles (9.57 seconds) and the long jump (17 feet, 3.5-inches).
- The Hounds are off for a month before opening their outdoor season at Bridgewater State.