- Score: Felician 3, Assumption 1
- Records: Felician (1-4), Assumption (0-6)
- Location: Rutherford, N.J. (Job Gymnasium)
- The Lead: A valiant effort given by Assumption in their 3-1 loss to Felician University. The Hounds won the second set to tie up the match 1-1 and give them momentum in the following sets, however, they were unable to pull out the victory on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds had a hard fought first set trailing throughout to fall 25-15. They had a three-point rally to tie up the set 8-8 before the Golden Eagles answered with five points consecutively to take the lead and eventually the set.
- Assumption had a great comeback in the second set where they won 25-21 with the final two points coming off of Alexandra Krawczyk (East Patchogue, N.Y./ Bellport) serves.
- The third set was a back and forth battle with four lead changes. The Hounds rallied a five point stretch to take the lead 13-12 only to drop the set 25-18.
- The fourth set was very similar to the third with Assumption tying up the set six different times. Assumption ended up losing the set 25-21 and therefore losing the match.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Mary Campbell (Plainville, Mass./Bishop Feehan) led the entire match in kills with 11, closely followed by Ariana Orcera (Guaynabo, Puerto Rico/Colegio Marista) and Tess Haller (Cape Elizabeth, Maine/Cape Elizabeth) both of which had eight.
- Krawczyk led the match with 27 assists and added eight digs.Kelly Dorandi (Plaistow, N.H./Methuen) was second in the match for digs with 14 and Brenna Chrisom (Dover, N.H./Saint Thomas Aquinas) and Orcera ended with 13 a piece.
- The Hounds are coming home for their next match on Tuesday, September 11 at 7 p.m. in Laska Gymnasium.