- Score: Pace 3, Assumption 0
- Records: Pace (14-3, NE10 3-1), Assumption (1-12, NE10 1-6)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Laska Gymnasium)
- The Lead: Assumption rallied in all three sets, but fell short in the end to lose to Pace 3-0 while Tess Haller (Cape Elizabeth, Maine/Cape Elizabeth) led the Hounds with nine kills.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds had three separate 4-0 runs throughout the first to stay in the set. Ariana Orcera (Guaynabo, Puerto Rico/Colegio Marista) gave the Hounds back the lead with two service aces to make the set 15-14. Pace then went on a 7-0 stretch that wasn't answered until Alexandra Krawczyk (East Patchogue, N.Y./Bellport) took the serve and rallied a 6-0 run, which forced the Setters to take a timeout with the lead 24-23. The Setters came out and earned the next point to end the set 25-23 and take the match 1-0.
- The second set was back and forth action where the Hounds were always able to stay within six points. The Setters fended off a 3-0 run from the Hounds at the end to make the set 24-21, where the Setters would take another timeout. The Setters rallied their final point right after the timeout and took the set 25-21 and the match at 2-0.
- The third set was just as close as the second. The Hounds never gave up more than a 4-0 run to the Setters and rallied a 4-0 stretch themselves to put the set within a point, where the Setters led 24-23. The final point would come from Pace's Tatjana Calimpong-Burke from Nicole Pivetti to win the set 25-23 and ultimately the match 3-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Haller tallied nine kills on the night while Orcera added seven, Smith added six and Alana Hruska (Marlborough, Conn./RHAM) added six as well.
- Freshman Krawczyk led the entire match with 25 assists followed by Pace's Samantha Nidini who had 18.
- Assumption is on the road for their next match in Stonehill on Tuesday, October 9 at 7 p.m.