- Score: Stonehill 3, Assumption 0
- Records: Stonehill (9-6, 5-2 NE10), Assumption (1-13, 1-7 NE10)
- Location: Easton, Mass. (Merkert Gymnasium)
- The Lead: Assumption came out slow and then rallied in the second set, but still ultimately came up short in a 3-0 defeat at the hands of Stonehill on Tuesday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Stonehill jumped out 4-0 run to take the lead in the first set 13-5. They then rallied with a 10-0 streak where they ended up taking the set 25-10.
- Assumption answered back in the second set with a 4-0 run themselves to take the lead 4-1. After the match was tied up eight different times, the Skyhawks took the lead with their own 5-0 run to make the match 20-15. Stonehill ended the match with a four point rally to make the score 25-18.
- Stonehill took a quick 3-1 lead and the Hounds answered to tie it up at four apiece. The Skyhawks grabbed the advantage with a 6-0 spurt that the Hounds were unable to recover from and ended up losing the set 25-13.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Brenna Chrisom (Dover, N.H./Saint Thomas Aquinas) led the Hounds with 15 assists, while Stonehill's Lauren Wilke had 38.
- Smith and Tess Haller (Cape Elizabeth, Maine/Cape Elizabeth) contributed four kills apiece while Allyson Hughes of the Skyhawks led the match with 14.
- Assumption is on the road again Friday, October 12 against Merrimack at 6 p.m.