- Score: American International 3, Assumption 1
- Records: American International (18-10, 10-3 NE10), Assumption (3-17, 3-11 NE10)
- Location: Springfield, Mass. (Butova Gym)
- The Lead: Assumption made an incredible turn-around in the third set to take down American International 25-21, but were unable to keep the momentum and the Yellow Jackets earned the 3-1 win.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds started off slow letting the Yellow Jackets gain a 4-0 lead and then earned a 5-0 run to stretch their lead to 9-1. The Hounds fought back with their own 8-0 bout to get within four (16-12). American International eventually took over and scored the final four points of the set to win 25-15.
- The second set started out similar to the first with the Yellow Jackets taking a 10-4 lead before the Hounds were able to get a four-point scoring spree and put the set within two (10-8). The Yellow Jackets once again took over and went on 5-0 and 6-0 runs to end the set 25-13.
- In the third set, the Hounds were able to gain some momentum and took a 15-6 lead after an 8-0 run. The Yellow Jackets answered back with a 3-0 and 4-0 spree only for the Hounds to end them and take the 25-21 victory and made the set 2-1.
- American International took over in the fourth set starting off with an 8-1 lead and then extended their lead to 12-2. The Hounds were not able to recover and lost the set 25-11 and the match 3-1.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kellie Smith (Richland, Mich./Gull Lake) led the Hounds with nine kills and also earned 11 digs on the night. Alana Hruska (Marlborough, Conn./RHAM) tallied seven kills while Ariana Orcera (Guaynabo, Puerto Rico/Colegio Marista) earned six kills and seven digs.
- The Hounds are on the road at Mercy on Saturday, November 3, at 2 p.m.