- Results: 7th/12
- Location: Smithfield, R.I.
- The Lead: Assumption women's cross country placed seventh overall in a field of primarily Division I programs, behind some solid depth on Saturday morning at the Nassaney Invitational.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Junior Kialeigh Marston (Standish, Maine / Bonny Eagle) paced the Hounds as she took 12th overall with a time of 18:31.4 in the 5K. Freshman Grace Corbett (Merrimack, N.H. / Merrimack) impressed in her first collegiate race as the second-fastest freshman in the field, finishing in 27th with a time of 19:06.7.
- Freshman Sydney McCann (South Dennis, Mass. / Dennis-Yarmouth Regional) took 44th overall and was third for the Hounds in a time of 19:28.1 while Tressa Novack (Scotch Plains, N.J. / Union Catholic Regional) (19:42.1) and Meghan Slinskey (Fishkill, N.Y. / Our Lady of Lourdes) (19:55.4) rounded out the top five by placing 52nd and 54th.
- As a team, Assumption finished with a score of 189 overall, just 18 points behind Central Connecticut. NE10 Foe Stonehill placed fifth overall with 128 points while Boston College won the event with 24 points.
- Assumption returns to action on Sept. 22 when the team takes part in the Ted Owen Invitational in New Britain, Conn.