- Results: 21st/26 Teams
- Location: Franklin Park (Boston, Mass.)
- The Lead: Assumption placed 21st overall and fifth among NE10 programs at the NEICAAA Cross Country Championships, held at Franklin Park in Boston on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds didn't have any runners place in the top 100 overall and were led by freshman Grace Corbett (Merrimack, N.H. / Merrimack). She placed 106th with a time of 19:57.9, while classmate Sydney McCann (South Dennis, Mass. / Dennis-Yarmouth Regional) was close behind her in 112th with a time of 20:01.7.
- Sophomore Lauren Kuhns (Homer, Alaska / Homer) was the third Hound runner to finish, completing the course in 20:21.8, while senior Meghan Slinskey (Fishkill, N.Y. / Our Lady of Lourdes) ran in in 20:37.8. Ashley Wargo (Southbury, Conn. / Pomperaug) rounded out the top five with her time of 20:40.1.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Assumption had 584 points, the same number as AIC, but finished one spot behind. The Hounds did edge Hartford, who had 588 points overall in 22nd. Boston College won the event with 27 points while Stoenhill was the top NE10 program in 5th overall with 159 points
- Assumption returns to action on Oct. 20 when the team races in the Bruce Kirsh Cross Country Cup, at the Hopkinton Fairgrounds.