- Result: 3rd of 15 Teams
- Location: Hopkinton, N.H. (Hopkinton State Fairgrounds)
- The Lead: Assumption received a top-20 performance from junior Kialeigh Marston (Standish, Maine / Bonny Eagle) and had four runners place in the top-35 overall to secure a third place finish at the NE10 Championship on Sunday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In her first race in over a month, Marston finished 18th with a time of 22:49 to lead the Hounds. Freshman Sydney McCann (South Dennis, Mass. / Dennis-Yarmouth Regional) had a strong final 1K to move up and place 24th in 23:14. Classmate Grace Corbett (Merrimack, N.H. / Merrimack), meanwhile, was one spot behind in 23:19.
- Sophomore Lauren Kuhns (Homer, Alaska / Homer) was the fourth Assumption runner to cross, placing 33rd with a time of 23:44. Classmate Tressa Novack (Scotch Plains, N.J. / Union Catholic) was fifth in 24:00 while Meghan Slinskey (Fishkill, N.Y. / Our Lady of Lourdes) finished in 24:19. Ashley Wargo (Southbury, Conn. / Pomperaug) was the seventh runner for the Hounds in 25:54.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Stonehill won the NE10 Championship with an impressive score of 20, while Merrimack back in second with 89. The Hounds rounded out the top-three with 145 points while Saint Rose was fourth (164) and Adelphi (168) was fifth.
- This marks the program's fifth consecutive year finishing third or better, a program record. The Hounds finished in second in both 2017 and 2016.
- Assumption returns to action on Saturday, Nov. 17, when the team competes in the NCAA East Regionals on Long Island.