Assumption College boasts one of the richest traditions of student-athlete academic success in NCAA Division II history. It is the only Northeast-10 school, and one of two in all of Division II, to claim at least one Academic All-American in each of the last six decades. That history of academic prowess among student-athletes has continued and Assumption currently boasts the second-highest total of Academic All-Americans among its conference affiliates, with 34 total. In addition, 18 different student-athletes have earned exclusive NCAA Post-Graduate Scholarships, including 13 over the last 20 years.
This tradition continues today as Assumption has finished among the top-25 Division II schools nationally in the NCAA’s Academic Success Rate (ASR) each of the past ten years, always boasting an ASR of at least 90 percent. During the 2017-18 academic year, 63% of the more than 500 student-athletes earned at least a 3.0 GPA, while 20 of the school’s 24 varsity athletic programs maintained at 3.0 GPA or higher.
Academic Success By The Numbers in 2017-18:
- 3.11 - Overall average student-athlete GPA
- 10 - Consecutive years Assumption finished in the top-25 of Academic Success Rate (ASR)
- 20 - Teams which had at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA
- 63% - Percentage of student-athletes which had at least a 3.0 GPA
- 91% - Academic Success Rate (ASR)
- 3,796 - Hours of community service completed by student-athletes in 2017-18
- All-Time Academic All-Americans & NCAA Post-Graduate Scholarship Recipients
- Assumption Earns Presidents' Award for Acacdemic Excellence
- Four Student-Athletes Named Academic All-Conference for Spring of 2018
- Three Student-Athletes Named Academic All-Conference for Fall of 2017
- Jed Scott Named First-Team CoSIDA Academic All-American