- Score: LIU Post ___, Assumption ___
- Records: LIU Post (___), Assumption (___)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead:
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Joey Tolgyesi of the LIU Post Pioneers had two separate field goal attempts in the first half. The first was a 47-yard attempt the Tolgyesi missed wide right and the second was a 25-yard attempt that was missed wide left.
- Tolgyesi got another attempt in the first half that was a 32-yard attempt that was blocked by the Assumption's Jalen Johnson (Columbus, Ohio/Dublin Scioto) that changed the momentum for the Hounds.
- The Pioneers started the second half with an 88-yard kick return by ____ followed by a PAT by Tolgyesi to take a 7-0 lead. On the Pioneers' second drive, they were able to get another touchdown on a 1-yard run by ___ to extend their lead to 14-0.
- Jonathon Debeek of the Pioneers extended their lead to 21-0 with a four-yard run for a touchdown with eleven minutes left in the fourth quarter.
- The Hounds answer back with a 31-yard run by quarterback Cody Williams (Wilbraham, Mass./Springfield Central) to tighten the gap to 21-7.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Hounds are on the road on Saturday, November 3, at Bentley at 12 p.m.