-Score: Merrimack 2, Assumption 1
-Records: Assumption (3-4, 1-1 NE10), Merrimack (5-2, 1-1 NE10)
-Location: North Andover, Mass. (Martone-Mejail Field)
-The Lead: Although Assumption took a 1-0 lead early in the first half, but Merrimack fought back with two unanswered goals over the final 50 minutes of regulation to lift them to a 2-1 victory over the Hounds on Wednesday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- With 17:13 left in the first half the Hounds took the 1-0 lead off a penalty corner. Senior Belle Ives (Topsfield, Mass./ Masconomet Regional) found an open Shannon Quinlan (Williamsville, N.Y./Williamsville North) on the post, who reversed it over Merrimack goaltender Katharina Ohmen.
- The Warriors fought back just 4:37 later, when Colleen Ellis passed to Lindsay Nolte who found the back of the net to tie the game 1-1.
- Just 7:03 into the second half, Merrimack took a 2-1 lead after the Warriors were awarded a penalty corner. Taylor Simpson fed Delaney Yule on the post to score the game-winner.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Hounds goaltender Sarah Bodzinski (Southwick, Mass./ Southwick Tolland Regional) made 12 saves in the loss, while Ohmen made five saves to improve her record to 5-2 overall.
- Merrimack out shot Assumption 32-13, and tallied five more penalty corners (10-5).
- This Saturday, the Hounds will travel to Saint Michael's to face the Purple Knights at 1 pm.