- Score: Assumption 2, Franklin Pierce 1
- Records: Assumption (10-7, 6-6 NE10), Franklin Pierce (6-11, 3-9 NE10)
- Location: Rindge, N.H. (Sodexo Field)
- The Lead: Assumption held Franklin Pierce to zero shots and penalty corners in the first half and then surged a great second half effort. The Hounds came back from being down 1-0 with an answer just over a minute later and a second just short of four minutes after the first to take home a 2-1 victory.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After a scoreless first half, the Ravens came out to a quick start in the second, scoring seven minutes in off their first penalty corner of the game. The corner was sent up top to Allison Collins who sent a slip left pass to Dayna Kowesky who sent a shot to the left of the goalie for the first goal of the game and gave them the 1-0 lead.
- The Hounds answered a minute and a half later with their own penalty corner that was inserted by Kolby Burger (Killingworth, Conn./Haddam Killingworth). Alexa Mulvihill (Westbrook, Conn./Westbrook) slipped a pass right to Isabel Primack (Ipswich, Mass./Ipswich) who rifled a shot into the back of the cage to tie the game at one.
- Assumption's Jennifer Beardsley (Essex, Mass./Manchester Essex Regional) scored the game-winning goal for the Hounds off a fast break that Shannon Quinlan (Buffalo, N.Y./Williamsville North) dribbled down the right side of the field and sent a cross pass to the stroke line. Beardsley ran onto the pass and redirected the ball into the cage that gave Assumption a 2-1 lead.
- The Ravens had one final attempt to tie the game, where they earned a penalty corner in the final seconds that would not be inserted until time had expired. The Hounds broke up the corner and gained possession to take home the 2-1 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sarah Bodzinski (Southwick, Mass./Southwick Tolland) earned the win with one save in the game while Olivia Barnes of Franklin Pierce tallied five.
- The Hounds held the Ravens to zero shots in the first half and earned six shots themselves. Assumption outshot Franklin Pierce 11-4 in the game.
- Assumption also held Franklin Pierce to zero penalty corners in the first half, while they earned four. Both teams took four in the second half to give the Hounds an 8-4 advantage.
- The Hounds are back on their home turf Friday, November 9, for their senior game at 6 p.m. against Southern N.H.