- Score: Assumption 1, Pace 0
- Records: Assumption (12-7, 7-6 NE10), Pace (17-2, 13-0 NE10)
- Location: Pleasantville, N.Y. (Finnerty Field)
- The Lead: After being evenly matched and both teams held scoreless in the first half, Assumption came out strong in the second an earned a penalty corner just 40 seconds in to play. The Hounds scored in the 44th minute on a fast break to take a 1-0 lead and held on for the upset win over top seeded Pace.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- After a scoreless second half where both teams earned three penalty corners, Assumption came out in the second half ready to play. The Hounds earned a penalty corner in the first 40 seconds of play to start their strong second half.
- In the 44th minute of play the Hounds had a fast break down the right side of the field. Deirdre Burchill (Braintree, Mass./Braintree) dodged a defender headed into the circle to then sent a cross pass to Courtney Sickel (Atkinson, N.H./Timberlane Regional) who collected the pass and shot it past the goalie to take a 1-0 lead.
- Assumption defended two Setters' corners to complete the 1-0 upset victory over top seeded Pace.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sarah Bodzinski (Southwick, Mass./Southwick Tolland) earned the win with three saves while Grace Henderson of Pace tallied one save.
- Assumption was outshot by Pace 4-3 in the first half while both teams recorded one shot in the second half to total five shots for Pace and four shots for Assumption.
- The Hounds led in penalty corners in the second half (4-2) while both teams earned three in the first for the Hounds to earn a total of seven.
- This marks the second year in a row that the Hounds have upset Pace in the NE10 tournament, where last year the Hounds were the sixth seed and the Setters were the third seed.
- The Hounds are headed to Saint Anselm on Friday, November 16, for the NE10 Semifinal game at a time to be announced.