- Score: Saint Anselm 3, Assumption 2
- Records: Saint Anselm (14-5, 10-3 NE10), Assumption (11-8, 7-6 NE10)
- Location: Manchester, N.H. (Grappone Stadium)
- The Lead: Saint Anselm started off the scoring spree of the first half with a goal just seven minutes into play that Assumption answered off their first penalty corner of the night to tie the game. The Hawks scored two back-to-back goals that the Hounds responded to a minute later to make the game 3-2 at the half. After a scoreless second half, the Hounds fell in the NE10 Semifinals 3-2.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Saint Anselm scored the first goal of the game about seven minutes in off a breakaway along the right side. Michelle Lemelin sent a cross pass from the right for Maddie Bressler to tip into the cage on the far side past diving goalie.
- Assumption answered with a penalty corner at the 20:54 mark. The Hounds sent a slip left pass to Kileigh Hynes (Auburn, Mass./Auburn) that Deirdre Burchill (Braintree, Mass./Braintree) tipped in at the 20:14 mark to tie the game at one.
- The Hawks answered at 19:14 with a penalty corner that was sent right to Carly LaCasse who sent the ball to far post. Hannah Potter waited and tipped the ball in for a 2-1 lead.
- Saint Anselm took a 3-1 lead off another corner that the Hounds answered about a minute later off a penalty corner. Kolby Burger (Killingworth, Conn./Haddam Killingworth) sent the ball to the top to Alexa Mulvihill (Westbrook, Conn./Westbrook) who sent a pass in that Shannon Quinlan (Buffalo, N.Y./Williamsville North) collected and shot in to make the game 3-2 at half and the final goal of the game. The Hounds fell 3-2 to Saint Anselm.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Julia Hand of Saint Anselm earned the win with zero saves while Sarah Bodzinski (Southwick, Mass./Southwick Tolland) recorded six.
- The Hounds were outshot in both the first (8-4) and second (3-1) halves for a total of 11-5.
- Assumption was unable to earn any penalties in the second half while they recorded two on the game and Saint Anselm earned five.