- Score: Assumption 3, Franklin Pierce 2
- Records: Assumption (2-0), Franklin Pierce (0-3)
- Location: Rindge, N.H.
- The Lead: Assumption jumped out to a 1-0 lead just a minute into play before Franklin Pierce answered before the end of the half. The Hounds took control to begin the third period, scoring two goals and the Ravens fought back with a goal in the fourth to get within one. Franklin Pierce was unable to close the gap and fell 3-2 to the Hounds.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Just under a minute into play, Assumption took an advantage by earning a penalty corner. Courtney Sickel () collected a rebound off a defensive save and pushed the ball to the left post for a goal and a 1-0 lead.
- Franklin Pierce answered in the second period of play when the Ravens earned a penalty corner. After two shots being saved by Kathleen Smiley (Shrewsbury, Mass./Notre Dame Academy), Franklin Pierce poked an assist around Smiley that was pushed to the back of the cage to tie the game at one before the half.
- The Hounds came out in the third quarter and earned a penalty corner. Lucy Malia (Scarborough, Maine/Scarborough) and Sammy Shea (Andover, Mass./Andover) fired shots at the goalie before Jennifer Beardsley () was able to collect the rebound and redirect it into the net for a 2-1 advantage for Assumption. Before the end of the third quarter, the Hounds earned a penalty stroke. Summer Walsh (South Yarmouth, Mass./Dennis-Yarmouth Regional) stepped up to the stroke line and rifled a shot off the goalie and into the top left corner to gain a 3-1 lead.
- Late in the fourth quarter, the Ravens earned a penalty corner that led to a goal by Demi Sahuleka to get Franklin Pierce within one (3-2). The Ravens ran out of time and Assumption earned the 3-2 victory to stay undefeated.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Smiley earned the win for Assumption with two saves while Olivia Barnes recorded 11 saves in the game.
- The Hounds led in shots with 22 while Franklin Pierce tallied seven. Assumption had 15 of their 22 shots on goal while Franklin Pierce had four.
- Assumption earned 12 penalty corners to the Ravens five while Jessica Strassburg of the Ravens earned the sole defensive save of the game.
- The Hounds are back home on Saturday, September 14 at 6 p.m. against Pace.