- Score: Assumption 7, Pace 0
- Records: Assumption (3-0), Pace (0-2)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: The Hounds continued their win streak with a shutout, seven goal victory over No. 5 Pace.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption's first goal came from junior Shannon Quinlan (Buffalo, N.Y./Williamsville North) after she collected a pass from Deirdre Burchill (Braintree, Mass./Braintree) and redirected it into the back of the net. Not a minute later and the Hounds struck again, this time Burchill collected the rebound and sent it straight to the boards for Assumption to jump to a quick 2-0 lead.
- Goals kept coming for the Hounds in the second quarter when Jenny Beardsley (Essex, Mass./Manchester Essex Regional) ricocheted a rebound from a shot by Lucy Malia (Scarborough, Maine/Scarborough) into the net. Just before the half ended, Kileigh Hynes (Auburn, Mass./Auburn) took a self-start free hit and drove it into the circle where she dodged two defenders and sent a hard shot past the goalie and into the boards for a 4-0 lead heading into halftime.
- Courtney Sickel (Atkinson, N.H./Timberlane Regional) opened the scoring in the second half with another rebound redirection to extend the Hounds' lead to five. Assumption wasn't done there, Beardsley struck again with a pass to the stroke line from Hynes that Beardsley slammed into the cage to make it six goals for the Hounds.
- The final goal of the game came from a freshman duo. Christina Leonard (Marlborough, Mass./Marlborough) sent a beautiful cross pass from the right side into the circle where classmate Amelia Raucci (North Branford, Conn./North Branford) collected the pass and shot the ball into the net for her first collegiate goal and to earn Assumption the 7-0 win over nationally ranked Pace.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kylie Gargiulo (Madison, Conn./Daniel Hand) earned her second shutout win with two saves while Grace Henderson of Pace recorded 15 saves and defender Mia Lennon recorded a defensive save.
- The Hounds dominated in penalty corners, earning nine while only allowing the Setters two. Assumption also recorded 31 shots compared to Pace's three.
- The Hounds are on the road to Stonehill for a 6 p.m. game against the Skyhawks on Tuesday, September 17.