- Score: Stonehill 1, Assumption 0
- Records: Stonehill (2-2, 2-0 NE10), Assumption (3-1, 1-1 NE10)
- Location: Easton, Mass. (W.B. Mason Stadium)
- The Lead: The Hounds battled with Stonehill through two overtimes, but came up short in a 1-0 loss.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Neither team had much offense in the first half, with Assumption recording four penalty corners to Stonehill's one. Both teams had six shots in the first thirty minutes of play with most of which coming in the second quarter. The third quarter was mainly dominated by Stonehill before the Hounds fought back with strong efforts in the fourth. At the end of regulation the game was scoreless and sent into overtime.
- The Hounds started with possession in overtime, but the remainder of the action was mainly the Skyhawks who earned two penalty corners and three shots. The Skyhawks were unable to get the ball in the cage sending the game into a second overtime.
- Just three minutes into the second overtime, Stonehill earned a penalty corner where Stonehill's Sophie Schreck found the back of the cage for the first time of the game and ending the battle with a 1-0 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kylie Gargiulo () earned her first loss of the season with six saves on the game. Katie Lammando recorded three saves in the win.
- Stonehill outshot Assumption 17-10 and led in penalty corners nine to six.
- The Hounds are on the road again to Mercy on Friday, September 20 for a 3 p.m. start.