- Score: Assumption 6, Southern Connecticut State 0
- Records: Assumption (6-1, 4-1 NE10), Southern Connecticut State (0-7, 0-4 NE10)
- Location: New Haven, Conn. (Jess Dow Field)
- The Lead: Assumption scored early and often to secure a three-game win streak and a 6-0 shut out conference win over Southern Connecticut.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- A little over seven minutes into play, the Hounds struck for the first time off a penalty corner when inserter Summer Walsh (South Yarmouth, Mass./Dennis-Yarmouth Regional) pick up a loose ball in front of the cage and fired it past the goalie for an early 1-0 lead for Assumption. Later in the first quarter, Shannon Quinlan (Buffalo, N.Y./Williamsville North) scored her second goal of the season when she collected the rebound in front of the net and lifted the shot past the goalkeeper for a 2-0 lead.
- The Hounds struck again when McKenzie Patterson (Conway, Mass./Frontier Regional) and Sam Tepper (Stroudsburg, Pa./Stroudsburg) teamed up when Patterson sent a pass to the front of the cage from the top of the circle and Tepper redirected the ball into the cage. Just four minutes later Lucy Malia (Scarborough, Maine/Scarborough) sent a pass to the far post that Courtney Sickel (Atkinson, N.H./Timberlane Regional) tipped into the boards for Assumption to lead 4-0 at halftime.
- Just under seven minutes into the third quarter, Jenna Graf (Ballston Lake, N.Y./Shenendehowa) blasts a shot from the top of the circle, through traffic and into the back of the net and gave Assumption a five-goal cushion with her second goal of the season. The final goal of the game came from Paige Laverriere (Biddeford, Maine/Biddeford) of Assumption to give the Hounds the 6-0 victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kathleen Smiley (Shrewsbury, Mass./Notre Dame Academy) earned the win for the Hounds to extend her record for the year to 3-0 and recorded her first collegiate shut out. Brianna Craft of Southern Connecticut tallied 29 saves in the game.
- The Hounds dominated in shots recording 42 compared to the Owls' zero along with Assumption earning 15 penalty corners.
- The Hounds are back on the road at Saint Thomas Aquinas tomorrow, Sunday, September 29, at 1 p.m.