- Score: Assumption 5, Saint Thomas Aquinas 0
- Records: Assumption (7-1, 5-1 NE10), Saint Thomas Aquinas (3-5, 1-4 NE10)
- Location: Sparkill, N.Y. (Spartan Field)
- The Lead: The Hounds advance their win streak to four and earn their fifth conference win with a 5-0 shutout of Saint Thomas Aquinas.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Just under four minutes into the game, the Hounds earned a penalty corner. On the corner, Courtney Sickel (Atkinson, N.H./Timberlane Regional) sent a ball in front of the cage that Isabel Primack (Ipswich, Mass./Ipswich) redirected past the goalie for Assumption's first goal of the game.
- Two more goals were scored in the first quarter just two minutes apart. First, Kileigh Hynes (Auburn, Mass./Auburn) struck on a penalty corner for her second goal of the season while two minutes later Summer Walsh (South Yarmouth, Mass./Dennis-Yarmouth) collected a rebound off the post and sent it into the back of the cage to give the Hounds a 3-0 advantage at the end of the first quarter.
- A minute and 19 seconds into the second quarter, Assumption struck again when Shannon Quinlan (Buffalo, N.Y./Williamsville North) redirects a rebound from her own shot to Deirdre Burchill (Braintree, Mass./Braintree) who rifles it into the net for her fifth goal of the season and a four-goal advantage for Assumption.
- The final goal of the game was scored just over three minutes into the third quarter. Primack connected with the back of the cage for her second goal of the game and third of the season to solidify the 5-0 win for the Hounds.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kylie Gargiulo (Madison, Conn./Daniel Hand) earned the win for Assumption with five saves to extend her season record to 4-1 and earned her third shutout. Between Saint Thomas Aquinas' two goalkeepers, the Spartans saved seven shots.
- The Hounds earned 11 penalty corners and 14 shots while the Spartans tallied six penalty corners and nine shots.
- The Hounds are finally back home on Tuesday, October 1 against Bentley at 4 p.m.