- Score: Assumption 4, Franklin Pierce 0
- Records: Assumption (9-1, 6-1 NE10), Franklin Pierce (4-6, 3-3 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: The Hounds led 2-0 at the half and defended a Franklin Pierce offensive push in the third before scoring two more times in the fourth quarter to earn the 4-0 shutout win.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds started off the scoring early when they earned a penalty corner just under six minutes into play. Summer Walsh (South Yarmouth, Mass./Dennis-Yarmouth) collected the rebound off a defensive save and lifted the ball into the cage for a 1-0 lead.
- Assumption struck again in the second quarter off another penalty corner. Jennifer Beardsley (Essex, Mass./Manchester Essex Regional) collected a rebound from Deirdre Burchill (Braintree, Mass./Braintree) shot and rifled it past the goalie for a two-point lead.
- In the fourth quarter, Assumption earned back-to-back penalty corners before connecting on the second one. Courtney Sickel (Atkinson, N.H./Timberlane Regional) collected a rebound and redirected it into the cage for her fifth goal of the season and for a 3-0 lead over Franklin Pierce. The Hounds struck again just three minutes later when Shannon Quinlan (Buffalo, N.Y./Williamsville North) had a breakaway that led to a one-on-one with the goalie that Quinlan slipped to the left of the keeper and into the cage to earn the 4-0 win for Assumption.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kylie Gargiulo (Madison, Conn./Daniel Hand) earned the win with four saves for her fourth shut out of the season while Olivia Barnes recorded 17 saves.
- The Hounds led in shots with 31 while the Ravens recorded five and Assumption earned 17 penalty corners the Franklin Pierce's three.
- Jessica Strassburg of Franklin Pierce recorded three defensive saves on the game.
- The Hounds are back home on Monday, October 7 at 1 p.m. against the Lindenwood Lions.