- Score: Assumption 3, Lindenwood 0
- Records: Assumption (10-1, 6-1 NE10), Lindenwood (5-4)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: The Hounds took an early 1-0 lead in the first and then extended their lead to two before the half. After defending against an offensive push in the third quarter by the Lions, Assumption scored one more in the fourth to seal the 3-0 victory for the longest win-streak since 2015.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Just before the end of the first quarter, Assumption gained some momentum. Shannon Quinlan (Buffalo, N.Y./Williamsville North) passed the ball into the circle where Courtney Sickel (Atkinson, N.H./Timberlane Regional) collected the pass near the stroke line, dodged the goalie and sent it into the back of the cage for a 1-0 lead.
- The Hounds struck again before half when Lucy Malia (Scarborough, Maine/Scarborough) lifted the ball around the goalie and Jennifer Beardsley (Essex, Mass./Manchester Essex Regional) hit the ball in the air into the back of the net for Assumption to be up by two at the half.
- In the third quarter, Lindenwood fought back and held the Hounds scoreless while also tallying two shots. The Hounds came out strong in the fourth with Sickel scoring again off a bounce and rifling it into the cage for the 3-0, shutout win to mark their seventh straight victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kylie Gargiulo (Madison, Conn./Daniel Hand) recorded her seventh with and fifth shutout with three saves while Mackenzie Litterst tallied 11 saves in the game.
- Assumption led in penalty corners with five after earning their first one in the second quarter. Lindenwood earned two penalty corners with their first coming in the second quarter.
- The Hounds are on the road Wednesday, October 9 against New Haven at 7 p.m.