- Score: Assumption 2, New Haven 0
- Records: Assumption (11-1, 7-1 NE10), New Haven (4-8, 4-4 NE10)
- Location: West Haven, Conn. (DellaCamera Stadium)
- The Lead: Both teams were scoreless at the half before Assumption came out and scored halfway through the third and put another in the back of the net in the fourth to seal the 2-0 victory for their sixth shutout of the season and their eighth straight win.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption dominated play in the first quarter recording nine shots and two penalty corners and continued to dominate into the second quarter. The Hounds earned their third penalty corner of the game and put the ball in the back of the cage before it was called back. Neither team could hit the boards again before the end of the first half.
- The Hounds came out ready to play in the third quarter when they earned a penalty corner about halfway through the quarter. Assumption gets the ball in front of the cage where Deirdre Burchill (Braintree, Mass./Braintree) collects a rebound off the pads and buries it into the back of the cage for the 1-0 lead.
- In the fourth quarter, the Hounds scored again when Isabel Primack (Ipswich, Mass./Ipswich) carried the ball down the left side and along the end line when she snuck a shot between the goalie's legs and into the boards for the second goal and the 2-0, sixth shutout, eighth-straight, victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kylie Gargiulo (Madison, Conn./Daniel Hand) earned the win for Assumption with one save to record her eighth win of the season while Natalie Shaker of the Chargers recorded 15 saves.
- Assumption led in shots on the game with 30 total and ten of them coming in the second quarter while New Haven recorded three with one in the first three minutes of play and two in the last few minutes of play.
- The Hounds kept New Haven from receiving a penalty corner while tallying 17 themselves with eight in the third quarter alone.
- The Hounds are on the road again Saturday, October 12 at No. 7 Adelphi at 3 p.m.