- Score: Adelphi 1, Assumption 0
- Records: Adelphi (10-2, 8-1), Assumption (11-2, 7-2 NE10)
- Location: Garden City, N.Y. (Motamed Field)
- The Lead: After almost 50 minutes of a tied game, Adelphi gets the advantage and scores the lone goal to end Assumption's eight-game win streak.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- In the first quarter, Assumption was the only team to record a shot with three while Adelphi's goalkeeper earned two saves. The Panthers were the first to earn a penalty corner in the second quarter and ended up earning all of their corners in the second period along with three shots to Assumption's two.
- After the half, both teams defense kicked it up a notch with no corners or shots being recorded in the third quarter. Just under two minutes into the fourth quarter, Adelphi poked a goal past Assumption to take a 1-0 lead. The Hounds ran out of time at the end, earning three penalty corners in the final six minutes of the game, but were unable to score and Adelphi won 1-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kylie Gargiulo (Madison, Conn./Daniel Hand) recorded only her second loss of the season with no saves while Kaylee Deleva of Adelphi tallied five.
- Assumption led in shots with eight and penalty corners with four while Adelphi recorded four shots and three corners.
- The Hounds are back home on Wednesday, October 16, against No. 4 Saint Anselm at 4 p.m. for their annual Greyhound Game.