- Score: No. 8 Assumption 1, No. 4 Saint Anselm 0
- Records: No. 8 Assumption (12-2, 8-2 NE10), No. 4 Saint Anselm (12-2, 9-1 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: With under two minutes to play, Assumption earned their twelfth penalty corner of the game when Summer Walsh (South Yarmouth, Mass./Dennis-Yarmouth) scored for a 1-0 upset victory over No. 4 Saint Anselm to serve the Hawks their first conference loss.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Assumption dominated play in the first quarter recording four shots and four penalty corners to the Hawks' zeroes. In the second quarter, the Hawks' defense tightened up to only allow Assumption one shot and no penalty corners.
- In the third quarter the Hounds came out aggressively with six shots and six corners but were unable to connect and ended the quarter scoreless while Saint Anselm got on the board with two shots and one corner.
- With just under two minutes to play, the Hounds earned a penalty corner for their twelfth one of the game and second one of the quarter. Jenna Graf (Ballston Lake, N.Y./Shenendehowa) took a shot that was saved only for Walsh to pick up the rebound and one-timed the ball up and over the goalie for the first goal of the game. Saint Anselm subbed out their goalie for another field player, but they ran out of time and Assumption earned the 1-0 upset victory over No. 4 Saint Anselm.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kylie Gargiulo (Madison, Conn./Daniel Hand) earned the win with one save while Julia Hand recorded only her second loss of the season with four saves.
- The Hounds dominated in shots and penalty corners tallying 14 shots and 12 penalty corners while Saint Anselm only recorded three shots and two corners.
- This is the highest ranked opponent that Assumption has beaten in program history.
- The Hounds are back home on Saturday, October 19 for their senior game against American International at 12 p.m.