- Score: No. 8 Assumption 5, American International 0
- Records: No. 8 Assumption (13-2, 9-2 NE10), American International (8-6, 4-6 NE10)
- Location: Worcester, Mass. (Multi-Sport Stadium)
- The Lead: The Hounds brought home a win for their seniors with Deirdre Burchill (Braintree, Mass./Braintree) leading the pack with four goals herself to solidify the 5-0 victory.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Just over seven minutes into play, the Hounds scored their first goal after earning a penalty corner. Jenna Graf (Ballston Lake, N.Y./Shenendehowa) sent a hard shot from the top of the circle and Burchill got in front of the goalie and tipped the ball into the net for an early 1-0 lead. Just over three minutes later the Hounds had a breakaway led by Lucy Malia (Scarborough, Maine/Scarborough) that she dished into the circle where Burchill redirected the ball into the net for her second of the game.
- American International held strong defensively in the second quarter not allowing any goals for the Hounds. Just over a minute into the second half Burchill fires a shot at the goalie that was saved, but then teammate Courtney Sickel (Atkinson, N.H./Timberlane Regional) poked the ball around the keeper for Burchill to hit the boards with her third goal and to give the Hounds a 3-0 lead.
- Burchill scored her final goal of the game in the beginning of the fourth quarter when Graf sent another shot in hard from the top of the circle that Burchill tipped into the top corner of the cage for Assumption to lead 4-0. Paige Laverriere (Biddeford, Maine/Biddeford High School) then scored her third goal of the season off passes from Malia and Graf to solidify the 5-0 win for Assumption.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Kylie Gargiulo (Madison, Conn./Daniel Hand) earned her tenth win and eighth shutout of the season with four saves while Nikki Bates recorded thirteen saves in the game.
- The Hounds dominated in shots leading 25-6 and earned eight more penalty corners than the Yellow Jackets (10-2).
- The Hounds are on the road next Saturday, October 26, against Southern N.H. at 1 p.m.