- Score: No. 9 Southern N.H. 3, No. 7 Assumption 1
- Records: No. 9 Southern N.H. (13-3, 10-2), No. 7 Assumption (13-3, 9-3 NE10)
- Location: Manchester, N.H. (Larkin Field)
- The Lead: The Penmen came out aggressively and scored early for a 2-0 lead at the half. Southern N.H. extended their lead to three before the Hounds were able to put a shot in the back of the net but ran out of time and fell 3-1.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Southern N.H. snuck one into the back of the net just 54 seconds into the game. The Hounds took the defense up a notch and only allowed the Penmen three more shots in the first quarter. The Penmen came out in the second quarter and earned a penalty corner just short of four minutes into the quarter. Laura van der Doorn picked up a rebound off the initial shot of the corner and redirected it into the boards for a 2-0 lead.
- Seven minutes into the third quarter the Penmen struck again off a penalty corner to extend their lead to 3-0 with just over 23 minutes left in the game. The Hounds earned a penalty corner with just under four minutes in the game when Jennifer Beardsley (Essex, Mass./Manchester Essex Regional) collected her own rebound and scored the first goal of the game for the Hounds. Assumption ran out of time and fell to the Penmen 3-1.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- The Hounds led in shots 18-11 with six of them coming in the third quarter. Assumption also led 11-5 in penalty corners also having six in the third quarter.
- The Hounds are back home for their final home contest of the season on Tuesday, October 29 against Molloy at 4 p.m.