- Score: East Stroudsburg 1, Assumption 0
- Records: East Stroudsburg (19-2), Assumption (16-5)
- Location: East Stroudsburg, Pa. (Whitenight Field)
- The Lead: Assumption and East Stroudsburg battled the first 40 minutes of play holding each other scoreless until the Warriors earned a penalty corner in the third quarter. The Warriors rocketed a shot through the Assumption defense for the only goal of the game and ended the Hounds' season with a 1-0 win.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Hounds opened their first NCAA game in program history strong when they earned a penalty corner at the 1:19 mark. The remainder of the first quarter was back and forth action with the Hounds recording one more shot while the Warriors notched two penalty corners and three shots. Assumption started the second quarter the same way with back-to-back penalty corners in the first 30 seconds of the quarter. East Stroudsburg stayed strong and only allowed the Hounds those two penalty corners and no shots in the second quarter while recording two shots and on penalty corner themselves. The two teams headed into halftime scoreless.
- The Warriors came out strong in the third quarter recording seven shots and four penalty corners. On their second penalty corner of the quarter, the Warriors struck with a hard shot from the top to the far post that ricocheted into the boards for a 1-0 lead. Despite the Hounds strong effort at the end earning four penalty corners in the final five minutes of play, Assumption was unable to convert and fell in the first round of the NCAAs 1-0.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- East Stroudsburg outshot the Hounds 14-7 while the Hounds earned two less penalty corners than the Warriors (10-8).